Emaxx Website Has Been Hacked
Emaxx, a well known motherboard supplier and producer. October 3 early morning after formatting my PC with an Emaxx motherboard, I’ve visited their website to download a driver because the DVD driver included on the motherboard was corrupted. I’ve landed on their home page “http://www.emaxxtech.com/” with a news title “This Site HaS Been hackeD by ITAVN” which is link to “http://www.emaxxtech.com/news.php?id=68″ and the face of the hacker’s picture with a music title “Payphone”. And below there was a message “I’m so sorry because I hacked your website But your security = 0 !!! You should secure your website more Dear Admin emaxxtech.com”. I hope Emaxx website security will be upgraded soon.
Why their website was hacked?
- Website has very old extensions installed.
- They’re using an older version of CMS or script.
- They’re have write permissions on your .htacess file.
- They’re write permissions on your *.php files
- Ther’re allowing users to upload file on the server.
- And lastly giving credentials to untrusted developers.
Above reasons was only my opinion and I’m not sure what really happens why their website has been hacked.
I hope no hackers will ever touch Atlantis Radio Website!
Share and Enjoy